Cheesy hash browns potato casserole is a recipe was handed down to me by a friend after we had attended a dinner party at her home. This hash brown casserole is a quick and easy, prepare ahead of time dish that we have made for the holidays, family get together, and graduation parties. It is a mix, dump, and bake recipe that never fails and is always a favorite of all our guests.
Often when I am making the crockpot Christmas turkey recipe, I will make this hands-free make ahead dish the night before, so that all I have to do is put it in the oven for the evening meal. I bake a lot of my Christmas casseroles in my favorite Spode casserole dishes. Click on the link to see which CASSEROLE DISH you want to dress up your Christmas table.
We dress up our table with our Spode Dishes for every Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday. Leave a comment on which dishes you use for the holiday.
- 2 large bags of frozen Hash Browns, thawed
- 2 16 oz Sour Cream
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1/2 stick of Butter Melted
- Onion Flakes to taste
- salt and pepper
- 2 small packages of mild Cheddar Cheese shredded
- Combine all of the ingredients and put in two casserole dishes.
- The original recipe from my friend Max bakes for 350°, however, I have found it take 60 minutes when you are making two. You can half this for one pan. I use this whole recipe when we are having a large crowd.