Thanksgiving Turkey in the Slow Cooker has not been one of our long tradition family recipes but we have been making it for about the last 10 years. I am always intrigued on how other people celebrate the holidays and ask friends and coworkers what do you do for the Thanksgiving and Christmas season. One of my co-workers family traditions that she passed on to me is this turkey breast cooked in the crockpot. Her family calls it Christmas Crockpot Turkey.
I usually do not make this recipe for our main Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner but use this dish has an easy hands-free dinner when our family is staying over several days. The turkey comes out moist tender and very flavorful as it cooks in the crockpot for 6-8 hours.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Usually, I buy a fairly large turkey breast, however, when I went this week to purchase my turkey the price was too high. Our local store had the Jennie-O Turkey Breast which is a package with two breasts per package. They were on sale and I purchased two of the packages which gave me for small breasts.
The Jennie-O was just as tender, moist and delicious. I was able to get 2 to 3 extra meals from one crockpot recipe.
I use this recipe often when I am in have the taste for Thanksgiving dinner without all the fuss. The moist turkey breast can be paired with all your other Thanksgiving favorites for a comforting fall and winter meal.
- 1 Large or 2 Small Turkey Breasts
- 1 Can Turkey Broth (or Chicken Broth)
- 1 Onion
- 4 Stocks of Celery
- 1/2 a stick Butter
- 1/2 Parsley chopped
- 2 Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 TLB Poultry Seasoning
- Please the Onions and the Celery in the bottom of your Slow Cooker
- Put the Turkey Breast on top
- Pour in the turkey broth
- Mix together into softened butter: Parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and poultry seasoning. Spread the butter mixture over the turkey breast.
- Cook on High for 5 hours or Low for 6-8
- This recipe does not have exact measurements. The amount depends on the size of the Breast of Turkey.