I love receiving and giving cards, but I do not like to stand for hours in a store looking for overpriced cards that do not say what I am feeling. Now with our kids away from home at college & working, I want a more personal way to express my love than a quick text.
I found easy, fun, beautiful card making kits from Anna Griffin. They come with the card front, extra embellishments, and the foam adhesive squares to give the card dimension. The kit did not come with the envelope but Anna has a beautiful ivory card & envelope bundle that I purchased to make the job easier.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I want to send a card to my son away at college and this was the perfect way to get a personalized card and have all the fun of making the cards. Even better, my Brightech Magnifying Light came just in time for all my crafts now that the evenings are darker. The lamp is two lights in one as it is a regular light and then it has the magnifying function. The lamp is two in one as it can sit on the desk and it comes with an extension to transform the light into a floor lamp.
I can’t tell you how helpful it is to have a light to be able to see the details of my crafts. Our home lights are for creating a restful environment but makes it very difficult to see all the details as I work with small items like the ones in these cute cards. To get your own Magnifying Lamp Click Here!
My kit was so easy to put together a card for Halloween, but still with a cute fall feel. I used my Xyon adhesive machine to make the images a sticker and in about 10 minutes with the help of some light from the Brightech Magnifier Lamp, my card was on the way.
- After opening my card kit I picked out two of the front of the card designs.
- I determined what card base the front design fit best.
- All you have to do is punch our the design elements from the kit and start creating.
- The kit comes with little tiny foam squares that are hard to see and remove the backing, but once you get them in place they create a fun 3d dimension.
- If you have the Xyron adhesive machine you simply roll the image through the machine (no electricity required) and the image is a sticker or you can use a glue stick or double-faced tape. (or like we like to call it in our house two-faced tape LOL)
- Attach your images on the front and inside.
- In minutes you have a personalized card that you now can write a loving message inside.
One word of warning, (honestly one of the best features of the light) the lamp from Brightech is very heavy. It is extremely sturdy and does not fall over when I adjust the arm or adjust the lamp head. I have never seen a lamp that is adjustable and holds its own. Just use two hands when moving it from one location to another. It is just perfect for detailed craft work as it stands perfectly on it’s own, so you have both hands free to see & work with your craft project.