Everyone loves Thanksgiving – Holiday dinner side dishes and I have found that the simple traditional side dishes for any holiday are the best place to start. I love trying new recipes however, our family loves the basics that I make every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Making the days cooking less stressful for the hostess (me) has been my goal for the past 29 years of our marriage. I have tried may different recipes and cooking techniques. The recipes in my Free E-Cookbook are the successes I have come across to make every holiday a day of family fun. I have discovered the recipes modifications and appliances that make my cooking stress free, take a look at my list and think of the recipes modifications and appliance that you could use to free up hands or time in your holiday cooking.
CHECK LIST OF APPLIANCES THAT ARE A MUST HAVE FOR MAKING SIDE SIMPLE
- Buffet Warmer: Any one of many brands work but here is my favorite. This three burner warner is from HSN and has worked tirelessly for years. With individual temperature control, I can use one or all the burners to keep my food warm. The warner allows me to make food earlier and still have it hot and delicious at meal time. My E-Cookbook you are have sent to you directly in your email box shows you how to use this great appliance.
The brand I use is from HSN. It is call “Infusion Collection 7-piece Stainless Triple-Burner Buffet Set with (3) 3qt Casserole Pans” and has been a great helper for me.
- Electric Pressure Cooker: Again any brand will work to speed up some of the dishes that usually take a lot of time,with you as the cook standing over the stove. I use this appliance for my Traditional Mashed Potatoes. I have tried many instant versions that are ok, however, there is no substitute for handmade fresh Mashed Potatoes.
The brand I use is from HSN and Wolfgang Puck. “Wolfgang Puck 5qt Automatic Rapid Pressure Cooker with 44 Recipes” I have two with one a little larger than this new one. I have the full recipe in my E-Cookbook.
- Slow Cooker: A lot of the traditional sides can be put in a Slow Cooker which then takes care of its self. I have the two pressure cookers so I only use my slow cooker during the holidays when I am cooking a turkey breast. I have a great recipe that I will post on for a turkey breast in the Slow Cooker. My slow cooker is an older Hamilton Beach. Amazon has a new 5-Quart Hamilton Beach that has modern programmable settings at a modest price. What do you make in your Slow Cooker for the Holidays?
CHECKLIST OF TRADITIONAL SIDE DISHES FOR ANY HOLIDAY DINNER
Recipes in Craftingafamily.com E-Cookbook
- Traditional Green Bean Bake: Make-A-Head of time.
- Traditional Handmade Mashed Potatoes
- Traditional Cracker Stuffing
- Basic and simple cranberry sauce.
- Spiced nuts.
These are some of our basic traditional recipes and tips for easing your stress in preparing Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. I will be posting a lot more as the season nears. Please leave a comment if you have a great time and stress saving recipe and tip.
Please sign up for my E-cookbook and all the Free Useful Printable: As soon as I have your email I will get it to you in your inbox right away.
Enjoy all the Free Printable in the Printable Library: