Pumpkin Soup made with canned pumpkin in the Instant Pot. So quick and easy, simple whole ingredients, rich, creamy, smooth, healthy. Made in the instant pot in 15 minutes or less from start to finish. What makes it easy is you use 100% pure canned pumpkin puree. Whole Pie pumpkin instructions too.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of Salt
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger peeled and rough chopped.
- 4 cloves of garlic rough chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 can of 100% pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 cup of half and half or cream
- optional: 1 tablespoon of corn starch and 1/4 cup of water
- Turn the Instant Pot on saute and add to the inner pot the olive oil and the onion and a dash of salt. Saute until the onion is softened about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and saute for 1 minute.
- Cancel the settings and now put the setting on high pressure.
- Add the vegetable broth, nutmeg, turmeric, and 100% pumpkin. Stir
- Set on the lid, set to lock, and set to high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up do a natural release for 10 minutes.
- Release the pressure and cancel the pressure. At this point, I unplug my Instant Pot just to be safe. The soup will be very hot.
- Take an immersion blender and very carefully blend all the ingredients to make it smooth and creamy.
- Put your half and half or cream in a glass measuring cup. Add a few tablespoons of the soup to the half and half to temper it. (warm it up a bit).
- Now add all of the half and half to the soup and mix with the immersion blender again.
- The soup is done at this point, but if you want a thicker soup – Turn on the instant pot to saute, take 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, and mix in 1/4 cup of cold water. Slowly add this mixture to the soup and stir slowly. Bring to a boil or until the soup is the thickness you want.
Keywords: pumpkin soup instant pot