If you’re looking for a classic holiday side dish, look no further than Candied Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallow topping. This dish is a traditional favorite for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, featuring sweet potatoes baked in a rich maple syrup brown sugar glaze and topped with a fluffy, puffy marshmallow. Delicious and festive, it’s sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering.
- 3 or 4 pounds of large fresh sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 bag of large marshmallows (you can also use miniature marshmallows)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Start by washing and peeling the sweet potatoes. Cut them into 1-inch chunks.
- In a large pot of cold water on the stove add the potatoes and cook on medium for 9 minutes. Drain.
- Spray a large casserole dish with spray oil and add the cooked potatoes.
- Do not leave the oven but watch that the marshmallows do not burn. When the marshmallow top is golden brown remove the casserole from the oven and serve the delicious gooey marshmallow topped sweet potato casserole.
Keywords: Candied Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows