- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 3/4 cup Butter Melted and Cooled
- 1 tablespoon of Vanilla extract
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup of powdered dark chocolate (can substitute regular powdered chocolate)
- Powder Sugar for dusting about 2 cups plus 1 teaspoon of the powdered chocolate if desired.
- Pre-heat your Pizzelle Maker.
- Put the eggs in a dish and mix with a fork slightly.
- Beat together eggs and sugar.
- Melt the butter and have it cooled.
- Add the cooled butter to the eggs and sugar.
- Add the vanilla (or anise seed) extract
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour and the baking powder and dark chocolate cocoa powder.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture.
- Mix until just combined.
- Add one tablespoon of batter in each section of your maker. Place the batter slightly to the back of the circle.
- Close the lid and lock.
- Set your timer for 30 to 60 seconds.
- When the timer is done, open the maker and using a spatula remove the cookie and set it on a flat surface.
- Take the powdered sugar and put the powdered sugar (and the powdered chocolate) in a strainer and tap the side to make a snow-like layer on each Pizzelle.
- You can use just white powdered sugar to sprinkle on top or mix some of the cocoa powder to make the powdered sugar a light brown.
- Each cookie pressed in the Pizzelle maker talked about 60 seconds, but to make the whole recipe it takes about an hour.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Chocolate Pizzelle Cookie Recipe