- 1 Stick Room Temperature Butter
- 1/2 bag of Powdered Sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of Milk
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
- Plan ahead and set out the butter to get it to room temperature. If you are careful you can microwave cold butter a little at a time to soften. But do not melt.
- Put the butter & the powdered sugar in an electric mixer.
- Start mixing slowly and add vanilla.
- Add the milk a little at a time to get the frosting to the consistency you need for your cake. You want it to spread easily.
- If you are piping a border or flowers add less milk.
- Prep Time: 1 hour for butter to soften
- Category: Dessert