Easy Creamy Arugula Pasta Salad with Tomatoes
If you are looking for a light healthy pasta salad that is different than all the rest you will love this pasta salad loaded with veggies and fresh arugula.
- Author: Crafting a Family
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 38 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: side dish
- Cuisine: American
- 1– 12 oz box of pasta cooked al dent
- 1/2 cup of cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup of parsley chopped
- 2 green pepper chopped into small cubes
- 1/4 of a red onion chopped
- 2 stocks of celery
- 1 red pepper chopped into small cubes
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese cubed (about 4 oz)
- 4 cups of arugula washed and dried (about 4 large handfuls)
- Salt and Pepper if desired
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup of mayo (or vegan mayo)
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Cook the pasta to al dente per the directions on the box. Drain and cool.
- Wash and chop the cilantro and the parsley very fine.
- Chop into small bite-size peppers, onions, and celery. (I use the Valdivia Chopper to make a uniform size)
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and cube the cheddar cheese.
- Next, make the dressing, mix together the mayo, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and garlic powder. Whisk until smooth.
- In a large bowl, larger than your serving bowl, combine the cooked pasta, the chopped cilantro, parsley, peppers, onions, celery, cherry tomatoes, and cheddar cheese. Toss.
- Add the creamy dressing and toss to coat. Then add the arugula and toss again.
Keywords: creamy arugula pasta salad with tomatoes