- 2 cups of leftover ham, cubed (can use ham stakes if you do not have any leftover Easter or Christmas Ham)
- 4 cups of potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1 cup of celery, diced
- 1 cup of corn, canned or frozen
- 2 cloves of garlic, rough chop
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, dried leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 & 1/2 cup of milk (any kind, or half and half or heavy cream)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Take the leftover ham (or ham stake) and remove most of the fat and cut it into 1/2 bite sizes pieces.
- Wash, peel, and chop the potatoes and carrots into uniform bite-size chunks of about 1/2 inch.
- Cut and chop the onion, garlic, and celery.
- If the corn is frozen, warm it up in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Spray the inner pot of the Crock Pot.
- Add the ham, potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, corn, garlic, rosemary, black pepper, vegetable broth, and water. (do not add the flour, milk, or sour cream at this time)
- Set the Crock Pot to low for 6 hours or high for 4.
- When the cooking time is done add the flour to a small bowl, then slowly add the milk to make a smooth sauce, and add the sour cream and mix until smooth. Add this mixture to the soup and stir it in.
- Replace the lid and let the soup cook at high for 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.