An Easy Italian Zucchini Bake that turns summer zucchini into a main dish that the whole family will love. With fresh Italian seasoning and baked to golden brown make this as an easy zucchini recipe or serve it as the main course.
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 2 ears of fresh corn – removed from the cob
- 1 tablespoon of Fresh Basil
- 1 tablespoon of Fresh Oregano
- 1 cup of Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 of a sick of margarine or butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a large casserole baking dish with extra virgin olive oil spray.
- Slice a large onion thin with a mandolin and layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Slice a large green or yellow zucchini on a mandolin and layer on top of the onion.
- Next, remove the uncooked corn from the husk of the cob and layer on top of the zucchini, if you are adding tomatoes add to the top next.
- Sprinkle the fresh herbs on the top layer or in between each layer.
- Layer the panko bread crumbs on the top, cut the butter into pats, and sprinkle on top.
- Bake in a 400-degree very hot oven for 90 minutes.
- I like to use a mandolin with a hand guard for safety to make sure the slices are even. However, you can use a cutting board and a knife.
- You can use any plant-based butter for this dish. Our family is improving our heart health so we use vegan butter.
- Make this recipe your own. Change up the layers, and add more or less of any ingredient.
Keywords: Easy Italian Zucchini Bake Recipe Side Dish