Prepare to be delighted by the zesty and addictive flavors of our Easy Spicy Frito Corn Salad! A delightful combination of sweet corn, crunchy Fritos, vibrant veggies, and a kick of spice, all tossed in a creamy dressing.
- 6 fresh corn on the cob ears, or 2 cans of corn
- 1 small onion or 1/2 of a medium onion chopped small
- 2 green peppers chopped small
- 3 stocks of celery chopped small
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup mayonnaise (or 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and 1 container of plain zero fat plain yogurt)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1/2 cup Fritos spicy for in the salad
- 1/2 cup of Fritos on top of each serving.
- salt pepper
- If using fresh corn on the cob, remove the outer husk from the ears.
- Put 1 cup of water and a pinch of salt in the inner pot of the Instant Pot
- Next, add the ears of corn and set them on the lid, to seal
- Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 4 minutes
- When the 4 minutes are done, do a quick release.
- Let the corn cool enough that you can handle and with a corn zipper or a sharp paring knife remove the corn.
- Chop the onion, peppers, and celery into small bite size pieces.
- When the corn and all the veggies are ready mixes together.
- Mix together the mayonnaise and warm water to thin out the mayonnaise a little
- Add the mayonnaise to the veggies a little at a time. You may not need all the mayonnaise depending on how many veggies you have or you may need to add a little extra.
- Combine with the cheddar cheese if desired.
- Add the Frito’s just before serving and add extra Frito’s on top and in a side bowl to add to each serving.
- If adding the frito’s to the recipe serve at once. I also leave them out of the bowl and add to each persons serving so they do not get soggy.
- ❤️ 2023 Summer: To make this recipe more heart healthy I have changed the dressing to 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and 1 container of plain zero fat plain yogurt.
- Our family loves this corn salad without the cheddar cheese, it is refreshing and light for a side with any main dish or as a take along to any party, picnic, or family party.
- Traditionally the cheddar cheese is added, it is up to you, whatever you like.
- If making ahead of time, do not add the Frito’s until just serving as they will get soggy.
Keywords: Easy Spicy Frito Corn Salad with Cheese