- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 Garlic clove mashed
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 cups Uncooked Rice
- 1 tsp Thyme
- 1 tsp Salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 TLB Olive Oil
- 1 Green Pepper chopped
- 1 Red Pepper chopped
- 2 cans Red Kidney Beans drained & washed
- 1 lb (1package) Turkey Sausage
- Any other vegetable you would like to add
- Chop the onions, mash the garlic and saute’ in 1 TLB of olive oil (or vegetable oil) in the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Add salt, pepper, thyme cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers, rice, sausage, broth and water to the cooker.
- Add the kidney beans and secure the lid.
- Let the valve to close and set the timer for 6 minutes.
- When the cooking timer is done, fast release the pressure so the rice does not overcook.
Keywords: Instant Pot Red Beans and Rice Recipe