Healthy cowboy caviar with black eyed peas is a delicious bean and corn salsa for dipping your favorite chip. A healthy twist on classic salsa. Light and refreshing with tons of flavor that makes a perfect vegan side dish or appetizer. You will love this recipe all summer long as an appetizer or side dish.
For the Dressing:
- the juice of 2 limes
- the zest of 1 of the limes
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 14 teaspoon of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Caviar Salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 14 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups of thawed frozen corn or canned corn
- 1 can of black eye peas drained
- 1 can of black beans drained
- 1 green or red pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeno finely chopped with or without the seeds
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 onion fine chopped
- First, make the dressing and set it aside.
- Zest one of the limes and juice both limes. To the lime juice and zest add the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper. Set the dressing aside to let the flavors merge together.
- Next, open the cans of black beans, black eyed peas, and corn and rinse under cold water.
- Wash and finely chop the cilantro, parsley, and garlic cloves.
- Chop into small bite-sized the green, pepper, onion, and jalapeno.
- In a large bowl mix together the beans, black eyed peas, corn, pepper, onion, and jalapeno, stir in the parsley and the cilantro.
- Mix all together and add the dressing and mix well.
Keywords: Cowboy Caviar with Black Eyed Peas Corn salsa