Warm, creamy, delicious loaded with corn, potatoes, and cheddar cheese. Quick and easy to make in the Instant Pot. A filling dinner that the whole family will love.
- 4 large whole ears of corn remove the corn from the cob with a corn zipper or knife (do not cook if using frozen corn about 3 cups).
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons of butter or olive oil
- 4 small to medium potatoes cut it bit size
- 4 cups of vegetable broth + 1 cup of water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons of Cornstarch
- 4 tablespoon Water
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of half & half, can use fat-free
- Husk the corn and remove the corn from the ear with a corn zipper.
- Turn on the Instant Pot to cook or saute setting, add the butter or olive oil and the onion and garlic to the pot and cook for 4 minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add the corn, potatoes, broth, and water.
- Add a pinch of salt to make sure that the liquid does not foam too much.
- Secure the lid, set it to seal, and set the timer to 10 minutes.
- When the timer is done, release the steam, quick release.
- In a small bowl add cornstarch and 4 tablespoons of 4 tablespoons of cold water and mix with a fork.
- Add this mixture to the pot, stir, and with the lid off, set to saute and 5 minutes to have the soup boil and thicken.
- Temper the half and half with a tablespoon of the hot soup then add the tempered half and half to the full amount of the half and half.
- Add the half and half and stir
- Next, add the cheddar cheese and stir.
- If when you add the half and half and the cheese the soup is too thin for your family’s tastes, you can add another 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water to thicken the soup more.
- This chowder keeps very well. I left it on warm, when we were ready for our picnic, I packed the whole Instant Pot in the car and took to a park. When we arrived, I had bowls spoons, and a ladle. I also brought a little extra cheddar cheese for garnish.
- Serving Size: 8
Keywords: Sweet Corn Chowder Instant Pot