Braciole is a traditional Italian thin beef rolled with chopped onion and parsley. Tied into a little roll and cooked in a rich Italian tomato sauce, served over pasta. A Classic Homemade Southern Italian dish perfect for company.
- 10 thin strips of Braciole meat
- 1 large bunch of parsley chopped fine
- 1 1/2 large onion chopped fine
- Salt and pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- 2 – 28oz Dei Fratelli Chopped Italian Tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 2 table spoons of olive oil
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 tablespoon of basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tomato paste
- Chop the onion into a fine chop, set aside.
- Chop a large bunch of parsley also in a fine chop removing the large stems, set aside.
- cover your counter with wax paper or plastic wrap to keep the counter clean.
- Cut the twine and set aside.
- Lay one strip of thin Braciole meat on the wax paper.
- Line about one table spoon of onion and about one table spoon of parsley in the middle of the strip.
- Gently roll the thin meat into a log keeping the onion and parsley in the inside of the meat.
- Take 2 pieces of twine and tie the roll on each end to keep in a roll.
- When you have all the meat rolled and tied heat a large skillet to medium heat, adding 2 table spoons of oil.
- Brown all sides of each roll of beef in the hot pan. You may need to do this in several batches. When brown set aside.
- While you are browning the Braciole rolls start making sauce in a large sauce pot.
- In a large sauce pot heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and saute 1/2 cup of onion until soft.
- When the onion is soft, saute the chopped green pepper.
- Add the basil and oregano and stir.
- Reduce the heat and add the 2 cans of tomatoes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir.
- Add the browned Braciole rolls into the sauce and cook simmer for on low for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- It helps to have another person with you when you make the beef rolls and tie them.
- I start by cutting twine for 10 rolls which is 20 about 6 inch twine strips.
- I then get the meat out and have my husband salt and pepper when I fill the beef roll and roll it up.
Keywords: Beef Braciole Italian Stuffed Beef Roll