Molasses Gingersnap Cookies
Soft and most perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas Cookies
- Prep Time: 20
- Total Time: 40
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup Butter or Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Dark Molasses
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- a pinch of salt (none if using salted butter)
- 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground Cloves
- 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 1/2 cup Sugar (for rolling the cookies after mixed)
- In a medium bowl cream together with an electric mixer the butter, brown sugar, molasses and the one egg. Mix to well combine.
- Next, in a separate bowl, put a sifter over the bowl and measure out the flour, baking soda, pinch of salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. Tapping the sifter lightly to sift mixture into the bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Take a dinner teaspoon and scoop out a uniform amount for each cookie, rolling it in your floured hands to form a ball. Drop the ball in a bowl with the 1/2 sugar to coat in sugar.
- Place the cookie dough on a lightly greased cookie sheet with plenty of room to spare about 3 inches apart.
- I have also used vegetable canola oil and they taste great.
Keywords: Molasses Gingersnap Cookies