Melt in your Mouth Shortbread Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Sticks of Unsalted Butter (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Plastic Wrap
- Parchment Paper
- Have the Butter at room temperature.
- Whisk the flour & salt together (for best results Whisk flour before measuring).
- In the large bowl of your mixer put in the butter and mix for at least 1 minute to fluff.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar a little at a time with the mixer is going, then beat for at least 2 minutes.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl often.
- Now add the Vanilla.
- Add the flour ever-so-slowly and just until mixed, it is best to mix by hand if you can.
- Do Not Over Mix.
- It may not look all mixed together that is ok.
- Put a large piece of plastic wrap on your counter.
- Dump the dough onto the plastic wrap, it will be crumbly.
- Put your hands under the plastic wrap and form the dough into a flatfish ball.
- Wrap it well and put it in the refrigerator for about an hour.
When Dough is Chilled
- Preheat oven to 350°
- On a floured rolling surface place the dough. If it is too cold it will not roll, if too hot it will stick. If too cold use your hands to warm but do not overwork.
- Roll the dough out to the desired thickness of about 1/4 inch, and have a lot of flour at the side of your board to help you keep everything from sticking.
- Cut out your heart shapes or any other shape you like.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheet about an inch apart.
- Put your tray with the cookies in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 min. Please do not skip this it keeps the shape of the cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes if you want them to be light brown.
- Remove and put on a cooling rack.
- You can microwave the sticks of butter for 15 seconds at a time to soften but do this slow and watch.
Keywords: Valentines Heart Shortbread Cookie