- 3/4 peck Green Tomatoes
- 6 Sweet Green Peppers
- 2 Red Peppers
- 3 Stalks Celery
- 10 Large Onions
- 1 Medium Cabbage
- 1/4 cup Mustard seed
- 2 TLB Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 TLB Whole Cloves
- 2 cups Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 6 cups of Cider Vinegar
- Grind the first six ingredients separately and put them in a large bowl. Sprinkle salt through layers.
- Let stand overnight and in the morning train thoroughly, rinse in cold water.
- Put the ground vegetables in the preserving kettle with spices and vinegar and cook for about 1 1/2 hours.
- When done cooking ladle in clean jars and seal.
- Water bath (boil) for 30 minutes in a large canning kettle with a wire rack filled over the top of the jars with water.
- Make sure that you wash the jars in the dishwasher to sterilize.
- Boil for 5 minutes in the water on the stove the lids & rims.
- The recipe makes about 6 half pint jars. A serving would be about 4 tablespoons.
Keywords: Canning Green Tomatoes