- 1 package of split peas with he ham flavor seasoning packet
- 4 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stocks of celery, washed and diced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic rough chopped
- 1/2 cup of regular fresh parsley chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine vinegar
- 1 – 7oz ham steak, or any left over ham.
- 8 cups of water
- Put the inner pot in the Instant Pot.
- Rich the split peas after removing the seasoning packet.
- Add the split peas and the contents of the seasoning packet to the inner pot.
- With the Vidalia Chopper. Chop the carrots, celery, and the onion into uniform bite size pieces and add to the inner pot.
- Add the garlic, parsley, vinegar, ham and salt and pepper.
- Add the water and stir
- Set the lid, set the top to seal.
- Set the Instant Pot to High pressure for 10 minutes.
- Allow for a 10 minutes natural release.
- Serve with cracker or a hearty bread.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes high pressure
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
Keywords: Simple Instant Pot Split Pea Soup with Ham