French toast is a beloved breakfast for every day and even holidays. Everything you need to make a filling breakfast you already have in your kitchen. French Toast is so easy to make and the whole family will love that it can also be a simple dinner. You can top it with maple syrup, fresh fruit, or just a dusting of powdered sugar.
- 6 eggs
- 8 to 10 slices of bread
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon if desired
- olive oil for the pan
- Mix together in a shallow bowl or a deep side pie pan the eggs, milk, vanilla, and if you want cinnamon french toast the cinnamon.
- Stir with a fork.
- Heat your fry pan or cast iron over medium heat. Add a little olive oil or vegetable oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan so the toast will not stick.
- Using a fork lightly lower a slice of bread into the egg mixture and coat on both sides.
- Add to the hot frypan and cook for about 1 and 1/2 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side for 1 and 1/2 minutes. The toast should be golden brown on each side. Do the same for each slice of bread.
- Serve with warm maple syrup, fresh fruit, and whip topping.
- Check the cooking time for your pan and stove. My stove is about 1 to 1 1/2 to 2 minutes aside.
Keywords: french toast