If you love hummus you will love eating nutritious Pumpkin Hummus as a fall treat. Pumpkin hummus is healthy, creamy, slightly spicy, smooth, and full of fiber and full of flavor. Easy homemade pumpkin hummus is a filling savory snack, appetizer, or side dish. What makes it easy is you use 100% pure canned pumpkin puree. Make fresh hummus at home in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 can chickpeas (also called Garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (can use less for a milder flavor)
- 1 cup of canned 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Have all your ingredients out and on the counter
- Open the can of chickpeas and the can of pumpkin puree.
- In the food processer pulse together the chickpeas, lemon juice, and the garlic. The mixture should be a ruff chop of the chickpeas.
- Next add the salt, chili powder, cumin, tahini and pulse again.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while the food processer is mixing until the hummus is the smoothness you desire.
- You can eat it right away but is best chilled.
- The flavors taste even better the next day.
Keywords: Best Pumpkin Hummus Easy Homemade