If you love hummus you will love eating nutritious Pumpkin Hummus as a fall treat. Pumpkin hummus is healthy, creamy, slightly spicy, smooth, and full of fiber and full of flavor.
Easy homemade pumpkin hummus is a filling savory snack, appetizer, or side dish. What makes it easy is you use 100% pure canned pumpkin puree. Make fresh hummus at home in less than 15 minutes.
If you love pumpkin recipe for fall you will also love, The Best Pumpkin Chili with Turkey Sausage – check out the recipe here!
Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes. 17 recipes that we all love and remember from family childhood dinners and new modern favorites. Made easy with simple ingredients and modern appliances for busy families. Grab your copy right now to get a jump on holiday planning.
The flavors of chickpeas, Tahini sesame paste, and pumpkin compliment each other. As fall begins so does all the fall entertaining and holiday parties. Pumpkin hummus is rich, creamy, decadent simple, fast, and affordable. If you are trying to un-process your families food like I am, I know you will want to start with this so simple and fast recipe, and stop buying the expensive store hummus. Your homemade recipe will be so much better than buying in the store.
Is Hummus Nutritious?
I am not an expert on nutrition but I like to read up on food facts to make sure I am providing good nutrition to my family. Hummus has two healthy fats, olive oil and the oil for the sesame seeds in the Tahini. Hummus is a good source of plant based fiber and protein. Low in carbohydrates and has a low glycemic index while being gluten, nut, and dairy free. The pumpkin in the hummus is also a good source of fiber with potassium and vitamin C too.
Eating hummus originated in ancient Egypt, and has been a staple of the diets of the middle east and Greece for centuries. For a type of food to be around that long, you know it has been successful for families. There are so many different types of hummus, it is fun to experiment like with this pumpkin hummus. If you have little ones you may want to just start with the basic recipe and reduce the spices.
Making hummus from scratch is fun. It is one of the recipes that you can use to teach your kiddos how to cook. Start with a basic recipe, by leaving out the pumpkin and only using one garlic and you have a fun healthy snack for the kids that is so good to dip vegetables in.
When you are having family over make the pumpkin hummus for a dip and see if your guests can guess the secret ingredients. Dip with crackers or cut up veggies. A fun dip for any cheese board or charcuterie plate.
This recipe will soon become your favorite autumn dip, make it for snacks, after school, parties, game days, tailgating, and a light lunch. Perfect for a Halloween hummus dip for your Halloween party.
What to eat with Pumpkin Hummus
Most of us eat our regular hummus with veggies. But that combination just seems a little off with the pumpkin. You can eat the pumpkin recipe with any small breads, crackers, pita chips, or pita bread. You can also make your own pita chips with cinnamon sprinkled on them.
How to make Pumpkin Hummus
- Have all your ingredients out and ready to go.
- Open the can of pumpkin puree (never pumpkin pie mix)
- Open the can of chickpeas (or also called Garbanzo Beans)
- This recipe calls for a food processor, and I used a mini food processor you can see it here. I did not want one that takes up too much space in my kitchen and this one works great and makes this whole batch of hummus.
- Do not dump it all in the food processor at once. You can but it takes longer to get that creamy texture.
- Start by adding the chickpeas, garlic, and lemon juice and get the chickpeas chopped up a bit.
- Once the chickpeas are no longer whole all in all the rest except the olive oil. Puree this mixture.
- Now is the time to add the olive oil. You can dump it all in and puree, but you will get a smoother texture if you drizzle in a little at a time while the food processor is working.
- Make your hummus as smooth or as chunky as you like it, enjoy.
Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes. 17 recipes that we all love and remember from family childhood dinners and new modern favorites. Made easy with simple ingredients and modern appliances for busy families. Grab your copy right now to get a jump on holiday planning.Print
If you love hummus you will love eating nutritious Pumpkin Hummus as a fall treat. Pumpkin hummus is healthy, creamy, slightly spicy, smooth and full of fiber and full of flavor. Easy homemade pumpkin hummus is a filling savory snack, appetizer or side dish. What makes it easy is you use 100% pure canned pumpkin puree. Make fresh hummus at home in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 can chickpeas (also called Garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of tahini (can use less for a milder flavor)
- 1 cup of canned 100% pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Have all your ingredients out and on the counter
- Open the can of chickpeas and the can of pumpkin puree.
- In the food processer pulse together the chickpeas, lemon juice and the garlic. The mixture should be a ruff chop of the chickpeas.
- Next add the salt, chili powder, cumin, tahini and pulse again.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while the food processer is mixing until the hummus is the smoothness you desire.
- You can eat right away, but is best chilled.
- The flavors taste even better the next day.
Keywords: Best Pumpkin Hummus Easy Homemade