This Naan Bread without yogurt is naturally vegan recipe and is made with just 4 ingredients.
- 1/2 cup of Almond Milk – warm
- 1 Active Dry Yeast packet
- 1 tablespoon of Maple Syrup (can substitute 1 teaspoon of sugar)
- 1 and 1/2 cup of White Whole Wheat Flour (Can substitute all purpose flour, coconut flour or almond flour)
- In a small bowl warm the almond milk to room temperature, no more than 100°F. Using an instant read thermometer to make sure the milk is not too hot.
- Sprinkle the dry yeast packet on top of the milk and add the maple syrup. Stir the yeast mixture and let sit for 15 minutes until there is bubbling on top.
- In a large bowl add the white whole wheat flour and mix with a whisk, to break up any clump. Add the yeast mixture and stir with a fork to form a ball of soft dough.
- Kneed for 5 minutes, cover the bowl and let rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Divide the yeast dough into 6 small balls of dough.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough balls with a rolling pin to form a flat dish.
- Heat a non-stick pan or cast iron pan to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water in the pan and add one piece of the flat rolled dough at a time.
- Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bread starts to have little air pockets and brown spots.
- Remove and set aside. Continue with each of the small balls of dough.
Keywords: 4 Ingredient Vegan Naan Bread: No Yogurt