Delicious traditional coconut macaroon cookie.
Inspired by sally’s baking addiction Coconut Macaron Recipe
- 3 cups Coconut
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2/3 cup of Sugar
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Chocolate Chips melted for decorating
- Preheat the over to 325°.
- Mix together in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy the sugar, salt, egg whites, vanilla.
- Fold in by hand the coconut and the flour.
- Take a sturdy measuring tablespoon and scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Rotate the cookie sheets after 10 minutes.
- After the cookies cool, dip the bottom of the cookie in melted chocolate.
- I checked the cookies at 15 minutes to make sure they did not overcook. They are best if they are not too brown.
- After the cookies cooled I dipped the bottoms in melted chocolate chips and cooked on a cookie cooling rack.
- Recipe updated December 2021
Keywords: Easy Coconut Macaroon Cookie