Coconut Macaroons are one of my all time favorite cookies that I thought was complicated but is so easy. You will not believe how perfect they come out of the oven, chewy on the inside, and toasted on the outside. You can bake them less for a lighter color or darker for a more crunchy texture.
Coconut Macaroons are a cookie I remember our family serving on special occasions when I was younger. I just never thought of it as an everyday cookie. I am so glad I got over my hesitation thanks to a lot of bloggers who wrote about how simple they are to make.
They are mixed together quickly and do not take any fuss. The basic recipe is low carb and gluten free. I have to thank Iheartnaptime.com for the basic recipe that I used to make my own.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Egg White Separator (this one I use works great)
- Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Cookie Cooling Rack
- Hot Pads
- Parchment Paper
- 3 cups Coconut
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2/3 cup of Sugar
- 5 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Chocolate Chips melted for decorating
- Preheat the over to 325°.
- Mix together in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment for 2 to 3 minutes until fluffy the sugar, salt, egg whites, vanilla.
- Fold in by hand the coconut and the flour.
- Take a sturdy measuring tablespoon and scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Rotate the cookie sheets after 10 minutes.
- After the cookies cool, dip the bottom of the cookie in melted chocolate.
- I checked the cookies at 15 minutes to make sure they did not overcook. They are best if they are not too brown.
- After the cookies cooled I dipped the bottoms in melted chocolate chips and cooked on a cookie cooling rack.
- Recipe updated December 2021
- Prep Time: 20-30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Easy Coconut Macaroon Cookie
If you are like my family and love anything coconut you will love making these cookies as they are quick to mix together. I like the plain and the chocolate dipped. I am going to try a chocolate drizzle to get a hint of chocolate but not coated on the bottom.