Easy Ground Beef Stroganoff is a classic comfort food that is simple to put together on a weeknight in one pan & takes no time to make. All you need is large egg noodles to serve it over. Rich, creamy and very filling for the whole family.
Thanks to long-time Church in Aurora Member Alice McKinnon for the inspiration.
- 1 package (12oz) of extra wide Egg Noodles
- 1 TLB Olive Oil
- 1 large minced Onion
- 2 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs of Ground Beef
- 1/4 tsp Salt (to your taste)
- 1/4 tsp Pepper (to your taste)
- 1/4 tsp of Seasoned Salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 TLB of Worchester Sauce
- 2 TBL of Flour
- 2 cans (4oz) sliced Mushrooms ( you can use fresh if you have the time)
- 2 cans (10.75oz) of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup of Sour Cream (for last, see note)
- For garnish, fresh Parsley or Chives
- Start a large pot of water to boil with a dash of salt.
- When the water is boiling, add the egg noodles following the instruction on the package.
- When the noodles are done drain. (You can cook the noodles at the same time as you make the beef mixture.
- In a hot skillet add the olive oil and saute the onions till golden brown.
- Add the Garlic & saute for about 1 minute.
- Add the Ground Beef to the skillet and brown well.
- Next, ad the salt, pepper, seasoned salt, paprika, Worchester sauce.
- Add the 2 cans of drained mushrooms.
- stir in the flour.
- Stir in the 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and mix well.
- Cook on low for 5 minutes until it is a low bubble.
- Put the sour cream in a small bowl. Take a little of the stroganoff mixture and add it to the bowl, a little at a time. You want to warm up the sour cream before mixing in the pan so it does not curdle. Once you have about a cup of mixture to one cup of sour cream, you can add the sour cream to the pan.
- Heat the Ground Beef Stroganoff to a slight bubble again and serve over the egg noodles
- Garnish with fresh parsley or chives.
- For the sour cream, you can not add it directly to the skillet or it will curdle, the recipe will be ok to eat but will not look very good. Take a little of the stroganoff mixture and add it to the bowl of the sour cream, a little at a time. You want to warm up the sour cream before mixing in the pan so it does not curdle. Once you have about a cup of mixture to one cup of sour cream, you can add the sour cream to the pan.
- I also like to have some fresh mushrooms to top off my dish.
Keywords: Ground Beef Stroganoff