Pickled Corn Relish
- 8 Ears of Corn
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 small Head of Cabbage chopped fine
- 1 med. Onion chopped
- 2 Green Peppers chopped
- 1 Red Pepper chopped
- 2 cups White Vinegar
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Mustard Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Celery Seeds
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- I start making a batch of corn relish by putting the husked ears of corn in the Instant Pot with about 1 cup of water and setting it for 4 minutes.
- While the corn is cooking in the pressure cooker I chopped the other ingredients that need to go into the relish. As you know all processed canned goods need to have a water bath so I start a huge canning pot full of water to boil on the stove.
- Next, I mix all the ingredients together and set aside. I remove the corn kernels off the cob just using a sharp kitchen knife. I’ve tried many of the other gadgets and none of them seem to work as well as just using a straight knife and taking my time.
- When the corn kernels are off the cob I mix them with the additional ingredients and fill the sterilized mason jar’s leaving an inch of room at the top.
- I sterilize my glass jars in the dishwasher on the sterilize setting, however, the lids and the rims I do boil in a pot of boiling water for five minutes. Make sure the top rim and edge of the canning jar are wiped clean and seal with the lid and rim. Water bath for 30 minutes.
- I have modified my Aunts recipe for my family taste.
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: corn relish