Glazed cinnamon bread is a simple quick bread. Delicious sweet and savory loaded with tons of cinnamon flavor, moist and fluffy, assembles in mixes in 10 minutes. So yummy for an afternoon snack or for breakfast with your coffee. A quick bread packed full of cinnamon and maple glaze flavor will brighten every day.
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted room temperature Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1/4 cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups of Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup of Milk
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup of Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup pure Maple Syrup
- Heat the oven to 325°.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan (I have always used glass)
- Cream together in a stand mixer or hand mixer the butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the milk, eggs, and maple syrup.
- In a larger bowl, mix together with a whisk the dry ingredients, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the wet butter mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Put the batter in the greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake at 325° for 60 minutes. After 45 minutes check with a toothpick to see if the bread is done. If the toothpick comes out clean it is done, if not bake for the rest to 15 minutes.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and set it on a cooling rack still in the pan.
- While the bread cools, make the glaze.
- Mix the powdered sugar and the 2 tablespoons of maple syrup together. You may need more or less powdered sugar depending on the consistency you like.
- Remove the bread from the pan and about 10 minutes after it comes out of the oven, drizzle the glaze over the top while it is still warm.
- Make sure to grease and flour the pan, or use Baker’s Joy spray that has the oil and the flour. My first loaf I just used regular spray oil and it broke apart when I tried to get it out of the pan. (it is amazing how glaze will cover up mistakes)
Keywords: Maple Glazed Cinnamon Quick Bread