Savory filling Thanksgiving or Christmas breakfast casserole. Make the casserole the night before, keep in the refrigerator and pop in the oven when you are getting dressed, it will be ready when you are.
- 8 slices of cubed Bread (I mix white with wheat but you can use any kind you like)
- 2 cups of Grated Swiss Cheese
- 1 lb bulk Turkey sausage
- 4 whole Eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of Milk Whole or 1/2 & 1/2 (not skim you need the fat in the milk to help it set)
- 1 tablespoon Dry Mustard
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Pepper to taste
- Spray oil (Pam)
- Spray Pam on the bottom of a 13×9 Glass Baking Pan.
- Brown sausage in a frying pan until cooked, drain off any excess oil set aside.
- Layer on the bottom of the pan the bread, next, the sausage and then the cheese.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, mustard soup, and pepper, pour over the top of the bread sausage cheese in the pan.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, heat the oven to 350℉
- Bake the casserole covered for 1 hour. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Sometimes you will need to bake 10 to 20 minutes longer depending on how cold your dish is when you put it in the oven. It should be brown and bubbly.
- If you use skim/fat free milk the dish will be more runny. You can use fat free reduce the milk by 1 cup but I would not advise using fat free milk at all.
Keywords: Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole