- 1 unbaked Pie Crust
- 1 9 in pie pan
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark Karo corn syrup
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar, packed (or 1 cup of white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 3 cups of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of whole pecans to decorate the top
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Make your pie crust. Roll out the pie crust to 1 inch over the edge of your pie pan. Tuck over the pie crust to the edge of the pan. With two fingers on one hand and the thumb on the other hand flute the edge of the unbaked pie crust. For a farmhouse look after folding over the pie crust on the edge of the pie pan take a fork and press the tings to seal the edge.
- Place the unbaked pie crust in the fridge for 15 minutes while you make the filling.
- To make the filling ruff chop the pecans and set them aside.
- Beat the eggs slightly
- In a medium bowl combine the 3 eggs, Karo corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, melted butter, and ground cinnamon. Whisk together until smooth.
- Remove the pie pan with the pie crust from the fridge and fill it with the chopped pecans. Pour on top of the pecans the corn syrup mixture. For a decorative top take the whole pecans and lay on the top in a pretty pattern.
- Bake at 350° F for 50 to 60 minutes. After 20 minutes if the edge crust is getting too brown, place a pie shield on the edges or use foil to cover the edges.
- When the center just jiggles a little the pie is done. If it jiggles a lot then you need to cook 5 to 10 minutes longer. Set the done pie on a cooling rack and cool completely before serving.
- Instead of a homemade pie crust purchase a premade store-bought pie crust. Use one of the two in the package and freeze to other half.
Keywords: Easy Pecan Pie with Dark Karo Syrup