A spicy shredded chicken great for tacos
- 6 to 8 boneless skinless frozen or fresh Chicken Breasts (or 8 to 10 chicken tenders)
- 4 Garlic whole
- 1 cup of Salsa
- 1/2 can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (whole can if you like it spicy)
- 1 TLB Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
- Other Taco toppings
- Taco shells, soft or hard
- Place the chicken, garlic, salsa, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper in the electric pressure cooker.
- Lock and secure the lid, set the valve to seal
- Set the timer for 20 minutes
- Let the cooker self-release the steam about 10 minutes
- Take out the chicken and shred with two forks
- Chop up and set out all of the Taco toppings.
- Use the shredded chicken in tacos
- You can lower the amount of garlic and chili powder if you would like the chicken milder.
- Do not add more adobo chilies. The pressure cooker makes all flavors more intense and will make this very hot. (I know as I doubled this recipe once and added 2 cans of the peppers and it was extremely hot)
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Instant Pot Adobo Chicken