Shredded Taco Adobo Chicken has a bold and spicy flavor shredded chicken dinner. It is perfect for a Mexican dinner night on your family vacation. Super simple to make in the Instant Pot and serve in a taco or as a sandwich.
Summer Beach Vacation Meal Plan #3
I am always looking for a simple dinner recipe when we are on a beach vacation. This simple spicy shredded chicken is one of our go to recipes each year.
When we have all the family members on your vacation, of all different ages, it is best for us to eat in our hotel room as we always book a room with a kitchen. To go out to eat after a day of swimming at the beach or sightseeing can complicate and frustrating. That is why I have the solution to dinners that are quick one-pot meals.
Adobo shredded chicken was one of the first recipes I made for dinner when we had our extended family on vacation at the beach. It was so easy to cook in the Instant Pot, it keeps warm as everyone staggered in at different times, and I have made it every year from then on.
Why I cook in our room on Beach Vacations
Problems When You Eat at a Restaurant on Vacation:
- Where does everyone want to eat?
- How do we get the little ones to stop watching TV to get dressed?
- How to wake older (or younger) family members that may be napping?
- How to keep the little ones quiet in the restaurant when they are hungry and tired?
- How to keep the family from grumbling about the restaurant’s choice?
- How to justify the cost?
- How do Mom & Dad find time to relax with all this going on?
The Solution is Vacation at a Resort with a Kitchen (even a small one will work):
- Plan your dinner meals with a slow cooker or electric pressure cooker recipes
- Simple store-bought salad and mixed fruit for the side.
- Plan a family-friendly recipe that most family member will enjoy
- Get input from the family before you plan
- Have the basic Peanut Butter and Jelly for the ones who are just too tired to cope
- Buy at home & bring along pantry staples needed to cut costs.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
How To Make Shredded Adobo Chicken
Taco shredded chicken in the pressure cooker it is simple and spicy and in 20 minutes you have a main dish. It is the perfect meat for any taco bar and you can chop up and set out the toppings in the 20 minutes the chicken is cooking. Chipotles Peppers in Adobo Sauce is the main flavor in this recipe. As I will say many times, use only one can. They are very spicy. (Useless if your family does not like spicy foods)
Toppings to prepare
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Green Onions Chopped
- Tomato Chopped
- Soft and Hard Taco Shells
- Taco Chips
- Electric Pressure Cooker or Instant Pot
- Cutting Board & a Good Knife
- 2 Metal Forks (plastic just will not work)
The Ultimate Beach Vacation Packing List
I have also created an Ultimate Beach Vacation Packing list to help you get ready for vacation. Ok, I made it for myself as I can never remember from year to year what I packed. It has helped me so much I want to share it with you. Click Here or on the image below.Print
A spicy shredded chicken great for tacos
- 6 to 8 boneless skinless frozen or fresh Chicken Breasts (or 8 to 10 chicken tenders)
- 4 Garlic whole
- 1 cup of Salsa
- 1/2 can of Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce (whole can if you like it spicy)
- 1 TLB Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sour Cream
- Other Taco toppings
- Taco shells, soft or hard
- Place the chicken, garlic, salsa, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chili powder, salt and pepper in the electric pressure cooker.
- Lock and secure the lid, set the valve to seal
- Set the timer for 20 minutes
- Let the cooker self-release the steam about 10 minutes
- Take out the chicken and shred with two forks
- Chop up and set out all of the Taco toppings.
- Use the shredded chicken in tacos
- You can lower the amount of garlic and chili powder if you would like the chicken milder.
- Do not add more adobo chilies. The pressure cooker makes all flavors more intense and will make this very hot. (I know as I doubled this recipe once and added 2 cans of the peppers and it was extremely hot)
- Serving Size: 6
Keywords: Instant Pot Adobo Chicken
Visit Other Post For Tips To Save Money On Vacation
- How to Save Money on a Disney Hilton Head Island Beach Vacation ( or any Summer Vacation
- Recipe #1: Electric Pressure Cooker One Pot Red Beans & Rice
- Recipe #2: Simple Easy Electric Pressure Cooker Instant Pot Chicken Marsala