If you love pancakes and you are short on time and have a little one that loves the taste of pancakes you will love this quick and easy Harvest Pancake Muffin or as we call them Puffins.
- 2 cups of Bisquick
- 3/4 almond flour (or 1/2 cup of whole wheat pastry flour & 1/4 ground flaxseed)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of fat-free milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- Mini chocolate chips or frozen wild blueberries if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix together in a large bowl the Bisquick, almond flour, and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the milk, eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- If desired add the chocolate chips or blueberries at this time.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin papers and spray with oil so they are easier to remove after baking.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350° for 14 to 18 minutes (my oven takes 17 to have a toothpick come out clean)
- When my little ones were picky eaters and I need to get more protein into their diet I used the whole week flour, and flaxseed, and added 1 mini cup of unsweetened cinnamon applesauce to the muffins. As they got older I changed the recipe to the above.
Keywords: easy pancake muffins