Easy Pancake Muffins are a convenient and fun way to have pancakes at any time. If you love pancakes and you are short on time and have a little one that loves the taste of pancakes you will love this quick and easy Harvest Pancake Muffin or as we call them Puffins.
My little ones went through a phase where all they wanted to eat were pancakes and I became very tired of cooking pancakes on the stove trying to keep up with three children and a full-time job. One day I came up with the idea of taking the idea of a pancake but making them in the oven in a muffin pan, and there you have Puffins. A super easy pancake muffin.
They will be loved by your family as you can make them for all the picky eaters. Make them plain, with mini chocolate chips or with blueberries. No matter the add ins they are delicious.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Easy pancake muffins have the same taste and less work and keep just as well. They were a big hit and helped me speed up in the kitchen. We still make the regular Harvest Fall Pancakes, see my post, but when in a hurry these are the next best thing. I have also started adding plain protein powder to a lot of my baking. This gives the baked goods extra protein without changing the taste. If you try this with the puffins let me know how it goes.
Add-Ins for Pancake Muffins
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Regular Chocolate Chips
- Dark Chocolate Chips (can you see we love chocolate in our family)
- Frozen Wild Blueberries
- Frozen Rasberries
- Any Nut your family loves
If you love pancakes and you are short on time and have a little one that loves the taste of pancakes you will love this quick and easy Harvest Pancake Muffin or as we call them Puffins.
- 2 cups of Bisquick
- 3/4 almond flour (or 1/2 cup of whole wheat pastry flour & 1/4 ground flaxseed)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup of fat-free milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- Mini chocolate chips or frozen wild blueberries if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix together in a large bowl the Bisquick, almond flour, and cinnamon.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the milk, eggs, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- If desired add the chocolate chips or blueberries at this time.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin papers and spray with oil so they are easier to remove after baking.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 of full.
- Bake at 350° for 14 to 18 minutes (my oven takes 17 to have a toothpick come out clean)
- When my little ones were picky eaters and I need to get more protein into their diet I used the whole week flour, flaxseed, and added 1 mini cup of unsweetened cinnamon applesauce to the muffins. As they got older I changed the recipe to above.
- Serving Size: 24
- Calories: 81
- Sugar: 4
- Sodium: 138
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 16
Keywords: easy pancake muffins