Here’s a great kid-friendly and easy breakfast idea that the whole family will love: homemade hash brown waffles!
Olive oil cooking spray, for spraying the waffle iron
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 green onion
- 2 eggs
- garlic powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Shred 2 peeled potatoes and cut any long shreds into small bits.
- Chop the pepper and onion very small.
- Whisk the 2 eggs and the pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning together.
- Add to the egg mixture the shredded potatoes, peppers, and onions and mix well.
- Add to each section about a 1/4 of a cup of the mixture (this will depend on the size of our waffle iron you do not want it to ooze out the side).
- Close the lid of the waffle iron and cook for about 15 minutes.
- You can also add shredded cheddar cheese or chopped ham to this recipe.