Here’s a great kid-friendly and easy breakfast idea that the whole family will love: homemade hash brown waffles! These hash brown waffles are a fun, kid-friendly way to start the morning. You can easily make them ahead of time, freeze them or have them ready in the fridge when you need them. Use your favorite toppings or make up your own!
This quick, delicious homemade hash brown waffle recipe is perfect for a fun Sunday morning with kids. Perfect when you have a little extra time and want to make a healthy breakfast with whole food ingredients. If you are looking for an easy gourmet savory breakfast that will wow the family you can not go wrong with hash brown waffles.
Note this post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
What You Will Need for Savory Hash Brown Waffles
- Waffle Iron: The Removable Plate Waffle Iron I Have
- Food Grater to Shred the Potatoes: The Easy Food Grater I Love
- Baking or any firm medium to large potatoes
- Red or Green Pepper
- Green Onion or any mild onion
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Italian Seasons to your taste (all Optional)
- Olive oil cooking spray, for spraying the waffle iron
Tip for Making Hash Brown Waffles
- Use a good quality grater to shred the potatoes for the best texture.
- Use a non-stick waffle iron to avoid sticking and make sure to spray it with cooking spray.
- Squeeze out as much moisture as you can from the potatoes, or else you will have soggy
- Add salt and pepper to the mix for extra flavor.
- Cook for about 15 minutes for a crispy and golden-brown finish. Enjoy!
Can Hash Brown Waffles be Frozen?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked hash brown waffles. Just put them in a toaster, toaster oven, or air fryer until warm and crispy.
Here’s a great kid-friendly and easy breakfast idea that the whole family will love: homemade hash brown waffles!
Olive oil cooking spray, for spraying the waffle iron
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1 small red pepper
- 1 green onion
- 2 eggs
- garlic powder
- Italian Seasoning
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- Shred 2 peeled potatoes and cut any long shreds into small bits.
- Chop the pepper and onion very small.
- Whisk the 2 eggs and the pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning together.
- Add to the egg mixture the shredded potatoes, peppers, and onions and mix well.
- Add to each section about a 1/4 of a cup of the mixture (this will depend on the size of our waffle iron you do not want it to ooze out the side).
- Close the lid of the waffle iron and cook for about 15 minutes.
- You can also add shredded cheddar cheese or chopped ham to this recipe.