A basic French Bread can be made quick and easy in your bread machine if you have flour, yeast, water salt, and oil. Light fluffy, basic white bread the kids will love tool. When you have just a few ingredients at home and want to make a dinner meal that is warm and comforting this simple bread is so delicious. 2 pound load
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Warm Water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable or olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 ups of bread flour or all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon active dry Yeast
- Make sure that your bread machine paddle in the bottom of the bread machine pan.
- Add ingredients to the bread machine bread pan in the order above.
- Select the dough setting on the bread machine. (my machine is 1 hour and 30 minutes)
- When the timer of the bread machine is done, remove it from the bread pan, set it in a bowl that is coated with oil. Cover with a clean towel and let set on the counter for 60 minutes, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough, remove it from the bowl onto a floured surface. Kneed 3 or 4 times and shape into a load.
- Optional: brush the top of the loaf before baking with an egg wash ( a slightly mixed whole egg or egg white)
- Heat the oven to 400°.
- Place your loaf on a baking stone, or on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Keywords: How to Make Homemade Bread Machine French Bread