A basic French Bread can be made quick and easy in your bread machine if you have flour, yeast, water salt, and oil. Light fluffy, basic white bread the kids will love tool. When you have just a few ingredients at home and want to make a dinner meal that is warm and comforting this simple bread is so delicious.
It is so easy to make a French Bread loaf with a simple French Bread recipe for as delicious homemade french bread. The best thing about making bread at home is the smell that fills your home. Making homemade bread is a skill that is fun to teach your children. It does take some time but is well worth the effort.
One of our families favorite bread machine recipes can be found at Easy Homemade Bread Machine White Bread The Best Sally Lunn Recipe
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
How to Store a Fresh French Bread Loaf
I use to worry about how to keep homemade bread fresh. But it is eaten so fast in our family a fresh loaf does not last the second day.
I have found that putting the uneaten loaf in a plastic bag and remove as much air as we can. Just leave it on the counter but not in direct light. I have found if I put the loaf in the fridge that it gets hard and not so fluffy.
Best Left Over Fresh French Bread Loaf
If your French bread baguette lasts to the next day you can warm in the microwave for 5 to 8 seconds. Some soft butter and honey.
Having warm homemade bread reminds me of the beautiful sunny summer days when I was a teen in Germany with fresh baguettes butter and honey for breakfast. You can also top with your favorite jam or jelly. Our kids love it warm with honey.
How to Make an Easy Homemade French Bread using a Bread Machine
- Make sure that you add the ingredients to the bread machine pan in the order listed.
- It is important when measuring the dry ingredients that you fill your measurement and level off with a knife. ‘
- Us the dough setting on your bread machine. That way the bread machine does all the hard work and timing for you.
- When the bread machine timer is done remove from the pan into a greased bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a clean town and let rest and rise for 60 minutes.
- After the hour, punch down and kneed onto a floured surface and kneed 3 to 4 times.
- Shape into the loaf size that you would like.
- For a shiny crust, brush with a slightly mixed whole egg or egg white brush on top before baking.
A basic French Bread can be made quick and easy in your bread machine if you have flour, yeast, water salt, and oil. Light fluffy, basic white bread the kids will love tool. When you have just a few ingredients at home and want to make a dinner meal that is warm and comforting this simple bread is so delicious. 2 pound load
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Warm Water
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable or olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 ups of bread flour or all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon active dry Yeast
- Make sure that your bread machine paddle in the bottom of the bread machine pan.
- Add ingredients to the bread machine bread pan in the order above.
- Select the dough setting on the bread machine. (my machine is 1 hour and 30 minutes)
- When the timer of the bread machine is done, remove it from the bread pan, set it in a bowl that is coated with oil. Cover with a clean towel and let set on the counter for 60 minutes, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough, remove it from the bowl onto a floured surface. Kneed 3 or 4 times and shape into a load.
- Optional: brush the top of the loaf before baking with an egg wash ( a slightly mixed whole egg or egg white)
- Heat the oven to 400°.
- Place your loaf on a baking stone, or on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
Keywords: How to Make Homemade Bread Machine French Bread