Delicious creamy classic Strawberry Pretzel Salad. It is not really a salad but more of a nostalgic dessert that is sweet, tart, and salty all with fresh strawberries on top. How to make this family dessert with no waiting to set the Jell-O hack.
To Make the Crust
- 3 cups of crushed pretzels
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 stick of butter (3/4 cup) Melted
For the Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 8 oz of thawed Cool Whip
For the Strawberry Jell-O Topping
- 2 – 3 oz packages of Strawberry Jell-0 (regular or sugar-free)
- 1 – 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 4 cups of washed, cleaned thinly sliced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Crush the pretzels in a zip-lock plastic bag with a rolling pin.
- Mix together the pretzels, powdered sugar, and melted butter
- Line a 13×9 pan with the pretzel mixture, press down, and bake for 10 minutes at 375°F. Cool completely.
- While the crust is cooking mix together the softened cream cheese, and powdered sugar, in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer. When smooth fold in the Cool Whip. Spread over the cooled crust to the edge of the pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Wash remove the top from the strawberries and slice thinly until you have 4 cups of sliced strawberries.
- Boil 1 and 1/2 cups of water, add the Jell-O and mix for 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Add the jello to a bowl of strawberries and mix to coat well. Using a larger bowl filled with ice mix the Jell-O and strawberry for about 5 minutes to cool down the mixture.
- Spread the strawberry topping over the cooled cream cheese filling. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for 3 to 4 hours.
Keywords: How to Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad