- Betty Crocker Super Moist Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil (can use melted butter)
- 3 eggs
- Spray oil
- Cupcake linners
For Butter Cream Frosting
- 1 cup of butter (2 sticks)
- 4 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup of milk (you can use heavy whipping cream, half and half, or your regular milk)
- Frosting piping bag
- Frosting piping tip W= 2D, or W 1M
- Mix in your stand mixer the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Mix on slow for 30 seconds, and then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Using cupcake liners, place the liners in a cupcake pan and spray with spray oil.
- Fill the cupcake liners 1/2 way to top with the cake batter.
- Bake at 350° F for 14 minutes. Or follow the directions on the back of your cake mix for the type of pan you have. Cook the cupcakes for the least amount of time as you do not want to overcook them. Cooking a little less makes for a better cupcake for red velvet cupcakes
For the Frosting:
- In your stand mixer or with a hand mixer, mix butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk until smooth.
- If the frosting is too thick add a little more milk, if too thin add a little more powdered sugar.
- As these cupcakes have a piped frosting I make the frosting very stiff.
Keywords: Red Velvet Cake Mix Cupcakes