- 1 to 1 & 1/2 lbs ButcherBox Ground Sirloin Beef
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Red or Yellow Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 small Onion
- 3 chopped Garlic
- 1 TLB Brown Sugar
- 1 TLB Red Wine Vinegar or Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1 Large Can of Tomato Sauce (at least 15 Oz)
- Salt & Pepper
- Hamburger Buns, or Zucchini Noodles
- In a large skillet add olive oil and heat for a minute to warm the oil.
- Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Next, add ground beef and brown.
- Add the garlic and chopped red and green peppers.
- Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and tomato sauce. Stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Sautee for about another 10 min on low.
- If using hamburger buns toast them for a few minutes to help them hold up.
- Serve over hamburger buns or zucchini noodles.
Keywords: Healthy Homemade Sloppy Joe Recipe