Instant Pot Corned Beef:
- 4 cups of water
- 4 beef bullion cubes
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Corned Beef with a spice package
Crisp sliced Potatoes:
- 2 large baking potatoes sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- Spray olive oil
Swiss Chees Sauce:
- 1 bottle of Irish beer
- 3 cups of shredded swiss cheese (one pound block of swiss cheese)
- 1/3 cup of corn starch
- 1 jar sauerkraut drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup of light Thousand Island Dressing
How to make Corned Beef in the Instant Pot:
- Spray the inner pot of an Instant Pot.
- Heat the 4 cups of water for 1 minute in the microwave and add the beef bouillon cubes and stir.
- Add to the Instant Pot the onion, garlic, corned beef, corned beef spice packet.
- Next, pour over the corned beef the water with the beef bouillon cubes.
- Set the Instant Pot on high pressure for 90 minutes. Allow to pressure cook for 90 minutes and then a 15 minutes slow release.
- When done vent the lid and remove the corned beef and shred with a fork.
How to make the thinly sliced potatoes:
- Slice washed peeled baking potatoes and slice 1/4 wide.
- Layer on a lightly sprayed baking sheet.
- Layer the potato slices in a single layer
- Lightly spray the top of the potato slices with spray olive oil.
- lightly sprinkle the top with garlic powder, salt & pepper
- Bake in a 400 ° F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are as crisp as you like.
How to make the swiss Cheese Sauce:
- Shred the Swiss cheese and place in a large plastic bag with the corn starch and shake to coat.
- In a large saucepan add the bottle of Irish beer and bring to a boil for 2 minutes to cook off the alcohol (this way the recipe is safe for children)
- After the beer is boiling reduce and slowly add the coated Swiss cheese to the beer. Stir until all the cheese is added and melted. Stir to make it smooth and creamy.
How to Assemble the Corned Beef Reuben Irish Nachos:
- On a serving platter layer the crispy baked potato slices.
- Next, layer on top the shredded corned beef.
- Now a layer of sauerkraut.
- Top with a lot of the Swiss cheese sauce and a drizzle of the Thousand Island Dressing
- You will be making more cheese sauce than you need for this recipe. This way you are using the entire bottle of beer and have extra sauce for dipping chips or other snacks with the Corned Beef Reuben Irish Nachos.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Irish
Keywords: St Patrick's Day Appetizer Corned Beef Reuben Irish Nachos