In the Northeast weather, a warm creamy Vegetarian Potato Soup is so welcome on a cold day. As we are all watching our ingredients and keeping every meal healthy, making the potato soup vegetarian and using almond milk adds a special goodness.
Our daughter Katie became a vegetarian about 2 years ago when she started her first job out of college. With her clean diet and yoga exercising she is in great shape. The Vegetarian Potato Soup is one of her favorite dinners that she can eat at night and take to work for lunch the next morning.
Katie and I made this soup when she was home for the New Year and it was so much fun having her teach me a vegetarian recipe. We are going to keep experimenting with vegetarian dinners that the whole family will eat.
Next time you are in the mood for a warm comforting soup give this vegetarian version a try you will not believe how quick and easy. Using the immersion blender to most of the vegetables makes it kid-friendly. With most of all the vegetables blended to a creamy consistency, the only vegetable taste is the potato.
Do not be fooled by the bland color of the photos the taste is great. Your whole family will love this filling soup and you will love how quick and easy it is to have a simple dinner on the table.
- 1 TLB Olive Oil
- 1 chopped Onion
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 4 stocks of Celery rough chopped
- 4 cups of Veggie Broth
- 1 bag of frozen riced Cauliflower (or 1/2 head broken into flowerets)
- 6 medium Potatoes peeled, cubed bite size
- 2 cups of Almond Milk
- Salt & Pepper
- Cracker & Shredded Cheese for toppings
- In a large soup pot heat the olive oil and saute the onion, garlic, celery and a little salt for 5 minutes.
- Add the veggie broth, cauliflower and potatoes and cook for 15 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Turn the heat off.
- Remove 1/3 of the potatoes and set aside.
- Use the immersion blender to blend your soup.
- After blending added back the potatoes you set aside.
- Slowly add in the almond milk and stir together.
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with crackers & shredded cheese if desired.