Hershey’s® Peanut Butter Kiss Blossom Cookies have been a tradition for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Our family has always baked soft warm peanut butter cookies that my kids love. However, having the Hershey’s kiss on the top adds a holiday touch to a kid’s favorite. Ok, my favorite too. 🤫
These cookies are perfect year-round and have become a Christmas classic. A fun easy cookie to make with your kids or grandkids, and a perfect way to get the kids involved in baking for the Holidays. You can make this a Christmas baking tradition with toddlers and memories that they will love as they grow up and become teens. Peanut Butter Kiss Blossom Cookies are the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Perfect for Baking with kids👩🏼🍳 👨🏼🍳 👼🏼
Your kids will have fun unwrapping the kisses and rolling the dough into little balls and rolling them in sugar. Even little ones can press the kiss in the warm cookie as they come out of the oven and are sitting on the cooling rack. Just make sure their little hands are away from the hot pan.
The Kiss cookies are simple peanut butter cookies rolled in sugar, cooked in no time with the perfect kiss in the middle. When the baked cookies are on the cooling rack gently press the kiss in the middle being careful not to push them all the way through. The bottom of the kiss melts just enough to hold onto the cookies. Yum.
Just remember if you bake these cookies as the first recipe of the season they may not last to your Christmas party. Make sure to have enough ingredients on hand to make a double or extra batch for your Christmas Eve party.
What if I do not have time to cake cookies from scratch?
If you do not have time to make cookies from scratch, but your families love these cookies there is a short cut. I have made Peanut Butter Blossom cookies both from scratch and from the short cut and my family does not know the difference. You can purchase a mix that has all the ingredients including the chocolate kisses all in one place.
You just add water, egg, and vegetable oil and you can make cookies in no time. You can even have the cookie mix delivered to your door in 2-day shipping, check out the mix here!
I have also purchased the big box of the mix at Sam’s Club and Costco.
- 1 & 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 package Chocolate Kisses unwrapped
- For Rolling:
- 1/2 cup white sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix all the dry ingredients together, flour, baking soda, and salt set aside.
- Cream the butter and white and brown sugar. ( not the 1/2 for rolling).
- Add the milk and the vanilla.
- Add the egg and peanut butter to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix well by hand, it will be sticky.
- Using two spoons or a cookie scoop form one tsp balls of dough, drop in the bowl of white sugar to coat, and roll around.
- Place the cookies on an un-greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Take a fork dipped in sugar and make a criss-cross pattern on the top of the cookie to flatten the cookie into a flat round shape.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes depending on your oven.
- When you take cookies out of the oven transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Take one unwrapped Kiss and gently place in the center of each cookie, press lightly.
- Let cool
- Prep Time: 25
- Cook Time: 8
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 45
Keywords: Peanut Butter Kiss Blossom Cookie