Simple Ranch Seasoned Movie Pretzels with Popcorn Oil are salty, crunchy and addictive. If you are having a fun family movie night after a long week or a little after school snack, your family will dig into a big bowl of movie-theater, popcorn and ranch seasoned pretzels. Quick & Easy to toss together. Seasoned with popcorn oil and ranch dressing mix.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy
One of my favorite times of the day is after school when I can enjoy time with my kids. I love to be creative with snacks after school, and try to keep them as healthy as possible, while still making them a treat.
After school is a fun time to hear all about the day’s activities, what they learned, and any excitement at school. Going over the homework to be done and any upcoming functions or projects.
In our family, we always took about 30 minutes or an hour to watch one of the kids’ favorite kids TV shows. We started through the years watching Sesame Street, then Arthur, The Magic School Bus and then Bill Nye the Science Guy. All these lead to all the science shows on Smithsonian and Discovery channels. All of them are now in the sciences and I like to think this time sharing snacking and loving started their journey in education.
I always had a snack to give them a boost of energy after a long day at school and to tide them over for dinner. Popcorn, oatmeal cookies, fruit, granola bars, and always our version of ants on a log (graham crackers with peanut butter and mini chocolate chips – the ants)
Ranch Seasoned Pretzels is a recipe that my son discovered at one of his summer jobs. I would not say this recipe falls in the category of “healthy” but they are addictively good. Sometimes you just need a special treat!
How to Make Ranch Seasoned Pretzels
- Measure out the pretzels in a very large bowl, you want to have lots of room to toss.
- Mix together the other ingredients in a measuring cup and whisk together.
- Drizzle the liquid over the pretzels and toss to make sure all the pretzels are coated
- Transfer the pretzels and any liquid at the bottom of your bowl into a large ziplock bag.
- Now the fun begins, smush the bag and toss the pretzels around in the bag.
- Lay flat on your counter.
- Every hour or so smush around and turn over.
- This will make sure that all the oil mixture absorbed into the pretzels.
- I have tried to leave the pretzels in a bowl and just mix every so often, but that left the oil mixture at the bottom of the bowl and they did not taste so good.
- Clear Glass Mixing Bowls
- Gallon Storage Bags
- Silicone Spatula
- Measuring Cups & Spoons
Variation of Seasoned Pretzels:
- Mix it up – add any spice you like to this recipe
- Useless or more ranch dressing mix.
- Try adding parmesan cheese
We like these pretzels I am going to make a batch for our next car trip to Disney and our Disney Vacation Club resort on Hilton Head Island. We go every year and have plenty of healthy snacks, I think these pretzels will be a special surprise. If you want to know more about how I save money on our Disney Hilton Head Island Beach Vacation, Check out all the details here!
Best Family Snacks for Movie Night:
Original Oven Baked Homemade Chex Mix
Your family & friends will ask for Homemade Oven baked Chex™ Mix over & over. Easy to toss together and fun to make with the kids.
Disney Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas with Peanuts
A Disney Fan Favorite a Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas on a stick covered with peanuts. Easy to make this Disney Treat in your own kitchen.
Funfetti Cake Mix Dip
If you love cake, and love cake batter and love cake batter dips you will love serving this fun easy dip. The sprinkles in the Funfetti Cake mix dip add color and fun to this smooth creamy fruit and dessert dip.
Super simple ranch dressing seasoned pretzels, no-bake with movie popcorn oil.
- 4 cups of pretzels (small to medium size)
- 2/3 cup of ranch dressing powder or 1 and 1/2 packets
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 and 1/2 cup of Orville Redenbacher buttery flavor popcorn Oil
- Mix together the ranch dressing powder, garlic powder, and garlic salt
- In a large mixing bowl with a lid add the pretzels
- Add the popcorn oil stir well
- Sprinkle the powder mixture over the pretzels and stir
- Cover the bowl and stir or shake every so often
- Leave overnight, eat the next day.
Keywords: Simple Ranch Seasoned Movie Pretzels with Popcorn Oil