Easy Raspberry Oatmeal Snack Bars
Easy raspberry oatmeal snack bars are a perfect snack for kids, delicious for after school. Chewy, with a crisp top, filled with soft raspberry filling. After school snack time can be a precious time to regroup, relax and bond with your kids. Days get so busy with new teachers, new school building, we need time to cuddle on the couch & review the day and plan for tomorrow.
These days with so many processed snack food that should only be for a special treat, I like to have homemade fresh ingredients snacks that I know exactly what is in them.
Your kids are going to love these Raspberry Snack kBars as they are almost like a soft granola bar. Quick & easy to mix up, bake and sit and relax after a long day at school. Make them your own with whatever flavor of preserves that your family likes. We have tied several and raspberry preserves with the seeds is our favorite.
I discovered this recipe when Joey was in elementary school. He was a picky eater and this was one of his favorite while we watched “Arthur” on PBS after school.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Easy Raspberry Oatmeal Snack Bars
Easy Oatmeal Snack Bar for an after school snack. Simple ingredients all in our pantry, just use every jam or jelly your family likes. On a cool afternoon after school the kids will love these.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- Category: snack
- Method: baking
- 1 & 1/2 cup of Quick or Regular Oats (I use the Quaker in the round box)
- Spray Oil
- 1 1/2 sticks of Really Cold Butter cut into cubes
- 1 cup Regular Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 regular Jar of Rasberry Jam 12 oz (or any flavor your family likes)
- Spray a 13×9 glass baking pan with spray oil, for thicker bars use a smaller pan.
- Preheat the over to 350˚
- Cut the butter into cubes and put in the freezer while you mix the next step
- Mix together the flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in the butter to this mixture with a pastry cutter.
- Divide the mixture in half. Put half in the bottom of your pan. Pat firm to combine.
- Empty the entire jar of Rasberry Jam in dollops over the base.
- With an offset spatula or flat knife, spread the raspberry jam over the bottom layer.
- With your hands cover this raspberry layer with the remaining mixture.
- Bake in a 350˚ oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool. They are too hard to cut if hot or warm.
Keywords: Easy Raspberry Oatmeal Snack Bars
Want to Remember This? Save the Easy Raspberry Oatmeal Snack Bars to your Favorite Pinterest Board!
Can you sub almond flour with regular flour or whole wheat?
Yes you can. I have been trying to use less wheat flour but I have made them with all white flour
How much oatmeal for the recipe and what type?
It is 1 and 1/2 cups of regular or the quick in the round box. Thank goodness for readers like you that catch these things. I look at the recipe and think everything is there. Thank you for catching this. The post is updated.
These look fabulous. I do have a question though. 1 1/2 what of butter? Cups, sticks, Tbs.? Could you please clarify. I’d like to make these in the next week or two. Thank you!
1 and 1/2 sticks of butter, thank you for catching that mistake. I will get it corrected.
Yum! I would definitely eat these for breakfast. Thanks for sharing with Fiesta Friday!
These look perfect for an afternoon tea! Happy Fiesta Friday!
Thank you so much!