The perfect dessert for your next holiday party is a Christmas jello salad mold recipe your family will love. This is our family’s favorite recipe that has been passed down from my mother-in-law. This is a perfect dessert for your Christmas dinner and any holiday parties. The jello layers are filled with grapes, dark cherries, and nuts. Any Jell-O mold shape is perfect but we use our traditional poinsettia jello mold.
If you are looking for the perfect dessert that is less heavy for the holiday season a Jello salad in a jello mold is the best way to wow your guests. The whole thing can be prepared a day or two before your holiday dinner.
I recommend you make this recipe at least 2 days before our next holiday party. You need to give the recipe time to hold together and be removed from the mold in one beautiful design.
What Holidays and What Flavors Are Best for a Jello Salad Recipe
- Black Cherry jello, strawberry jello, and Green jello, for Christmas.
- Blue jello for the Fourth of July.
- The recipe calls for Grapes and Cherries but you can use fresh strawberries, mandarin oranges, or crushed pineapple.
- Any Jello will work. You can use regular jello to unsweetened jello.
- Pecans or Walnuts
Note this post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The Chrismas Jello Salad is a Vintage Recipe from Grace Buonpane (my husbands’s mother)
My mother-in-law’s recipe calls for canned cherries and canned white grapes. Over the years these canned fruits have been harder and harder to find and very expensive. I have modified the recipe to use fresh fruit that is less expensive and I know you will be able to find it in your local market.
This recipe is for a medium size jello mold. I use a poinsettia mold we have had for years but any beautifully shaped mold will work. Check out these options.
Ingredients Needed for Christmas Jello Mold
- 1 package of Black Cherry Jello or Raspberry Jello (3 oz)
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Cold Water
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 and 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen Cherries
- 1 and 1/2 cups of Seedless Grapes
- 1/2 cup of chopped Pecans
- If you have a larger mold double the recipe.
How to Make a Vintage Christmas Jello Mold
- In a medium saucepan heat the water, and jello package until the jello is completely dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice and stir.
- Set the jello mold on a cookie sheet for stability. Lightly spray the jello mold with spray oil.
- Add to the jello mold and refrigerate for about an hour until the jello is a little firm and can hold the fruit and nuts. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Remove the jello mold and add the cherries, grapes, and chopped nuts. Spread evenly.
- Refrigerate overnight or over 2 nights.
- When ready to serve run a knife around the edge of the mold to loosen and dip in warm water the bottom for only 3 seconds. Invert on the serving tray.
More Christmas Desserts You May Love:
Easy Grinch Crinkle Cookies Decorated with Sprinkles
Have this sweet cookie treat ready when you gather the family for a Grinch movie night.
Easy Peppermint Bark with Hershey’s Mint Chocolate Candy Canes
Rich dark chocolate peppermint bark topped with creamy white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed Hershey’s chocolate mint candy canes. An easy classic peppermint bark recipe with delicious dark chocolate. The addition of the mint chocolate candy canes makes this recipe irresistible.
The perfect dessert for your next holiday party is a Christmas jello recipe your family will love. This is our family’s favorite recipe that has been passed down from my mother-in-law. This is a perfect dessert for your Christmas dinner and any holiday parties.
Keywords: Christmas Jello Mold Holiday Vintage Recipe