Cranberry Fluff is a perfect recipe for a side dish or dessert for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It has the sweet taste of all the Cool Whip Fluff recipes with a little tartness of the cranberries. Add a cubed apple for a little crunch. The sugar-free instant Vanilla pudding holds the cranberries, pineapple, pecans, and apple to make a beautiful light red holiday dish.
I love to make fluff recipes, they are quick and easy to make in about 10 minutes at the most. An easy recipe for the kids to help and as they are a little older can make themselves.
A dessert or side dish as any of the Jell-O pudding, Cool Whip recipes are light a fluffy (ok this is obvious and fluff is in the name). I did not add any additional sugar but if you feel it is too tart for your family, you could add a 1/4 cup sugar to make it sweeter.
As a lot of the Thanksgiving and Christmas dishes tend to be heavy, I like the tart light citrus flavor, so I let the Cool Whip, pudding mix, pineapple in its own juices and apple add the sweetness.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Supplies Need for Cranberry Fluff:
Tips for Mixing Cranberry Fluff
- When you are processing the cranberries, add some of the pineapple and the juice so that it chopped easer.
- Mix the cranberries and the crushed pineapple with the dry pudding mix first
- Then add the rest of the ingredients, leaving the cool whip for last.
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh cranberries, rinsed and pick through
- 1 20oz can of crushed pineapple in 100% juice
- 1 package of sugar free instant Vanilla Pudding (or regular) (do not add milk) 1 oz
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans (or any nut you like)
- 1 chopped apple, in cubes (I use my Chopper that make uniform cubes)
- 1 8oz container of Cool Whip (thawed)
- 1 cup of Mini Marshmellows
- Put the fresh washed cranberries and some of the pineapple juice with some pineapple in your blender. Process but do not over process.
- Put the cranberry and pineapple mixture in a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the pineapple.
- Now add the dry pudding mix and mix well.
- Now add the chopped nuts.
- Add the chopped apple
- Fold in the Cool Whip
- Last fold in the mini marshmallows.
- Mix to combine
- Put in a serving bowl or individual dessert glasses.
- This recipe is very forgiving. You can use any nut, crushed or tidbit pineapple, and any apple.
Find where I share my post at my favorite Link Parties: Click Here