Crock Pot Enchilada Chicken is delicious, rich, and full of flavor with simple ingredients. The Enchilada Chicken meat is so versatile for Enchilada casserole, Enchilada tacos, and Enchilada Chicken chili. Enchilada sauce adds authentic flavors. Add your favorite topping, cheese, sour cream, avocado, and cilantro for the perfect enchilada.
If you love Mexican food, love home cooked meals. and love knowing what is in your family’s food, you will love this Crock Pot Chicken recipe. Hands free cooking of the Enchilada Chicken in the slow cooker is delicious for Enchilada Casserole, Enchilada Tacos, and Enchilada Burritos.
Easy to add all the ingredients to your Crock Pot or any slow cooker, set the timer, and dinner is ready when you are at the end of a busy day. If you work in an office the smell of dinner will greet you at the door. If you work at home you know it is almost as had to get dinner on the table at the end of the day. The CrockPot makes the evening more pleasant, as you can spend your time with family and friends not standing over the stove.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Topping for Chicken Enchilada
- Cheddar cheese
- Green Onion
- Sour Cream
- Black Olives
- Bell Pepper
How to make Chicken Enchilada in Your Crock Pot
- Grab your Crock Pot, plug it in and make sure the inner pot is clean.
- Set the Crock Pot on high and add 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare the chicken. I like to have the chicken slightly defrosted if frozen and then cut into 2 to 3 inch pieces so the chicken fits better in the slow cooker.
- Next layer in the Crock Pot the following:
- One large onion cut in rings or half rings.
- One 4-ounce can of green chilies.
- One 8-ounce can of tomato sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic.
- Two pounds (or 4 large chicken breasts) of fresh or frozen chicken.
- 1 teaspoon of Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Salt and pepper
- On top one 10-ounce can of red mild enchilada sauce.
- Cook on low for 5 hours. I like to cook for 1 1/2 hours on high and then 3 1/2 on low if I am home to change the settings.
Free Meal Planning and Home Productivity Planner. Just proved your best email and get an instant download.
Check Out These Budget Friendly CrockPots
Chicken Enchilada Crock Pot Recipe
Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada is delicious, rich, and full of flavor with simple ingredients. The Enchilada Chicken meat is so versatile for Enchilada casserole, Enchilada tacos, and Enchilada Chicken chili. Enchilada sauce adds authentic flavors. Add your favorite topping, cheese, sour cream, avocado, and cilantro for the perfect enchilada.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Total Time: 5 hours 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: main dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 2 pounds of chicken breast or 4 large chicken breasts, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion cut into rings or half rings
- 1 – 4oz can of green chilies
- 1 – 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 – 10 oz can of red mild enchilada sauce//////
- Topping of your choice
- Coat the the inner pan of the Crock Pot with spray oil.
- Turn on the Crock Pot on high and add the 2 tablespoons of butter to melt.
- Cut chicken into 3 to 4 inch pieces.
- Add to the Crock Pot the onion rings.
- Add the can of green chilies, tomato sauce, minced garlic.
- Add the chicken on top.
- Next add on top of the chicken, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and enchilada sauce.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
- I like to set my Crock Pot for 1 and a half hours on high and then 3 and a half hours on low. This is the setting I use if I am home and change my cooker’s setting.
- Serving Size: 175600
Keywords: Crock Pot Enchilada Chicken